ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking
|Course Duration:||52 Weeks|
|Course Price:||Call or Email for Price Information|
|Enrol Now (Select the date you would like to enrol for first)|
- Overview And Objectives
- Career Pathways
- Course Modules
- Who Should Attend
- Entry Requirements
To complete ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking, students need to complete 17 units of competency.
- 8 Core Units of Competency
- 9 Elective Units of Competency
- Total of 17 units of competency
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to install and manage small scale networks, either as an independent network support technician or as part of a team. Detailed information on the employability skills gained during this certification are available online here.
Network support career opportunities and possible job titles relevant to this qualifications include:
- Network support
- Network operation support
- Network operation technicians
- Network technicians
- Network support technicians
- Help desk support
Students will need to satisfactorily complete the following units to achieve the ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking. These are not listed in any particular order.
Code Core Units
BSBWHS304 Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultative processes
ICTICT401 Determine and confirm client business requirements
ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
ICTNWK401 Install and manage a server
ICTNWK402 Install and configure virtual machines for sustainable ICT
ICTNWK403 Manage network and data integrity
ICTNWK404 Install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network
ICTTEN416 Install, configure and test an internet protocol network
Code Elective Units
ICTNWK406 Install, configure and test network security
ICTNWK407 Install and configure client/server applications and services
ICTICT408 Create technical documentation
ICTNWK410 Install hardware to a network
ICTNWK411 Deploy software to network Computer
ICTNWK502 Implement secure encryption technologies
ICTNWK503 Install and maintain valid authentication process
ICTNWK511 Manage network security
ICTNWK408 Configure a desktop environment
Preferred pathways for candidates considering future qualifications include:
- After completing the ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking, or other relevant qualifications, students can enrol in to the ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking
- Merage Global Institute Of Technology – 91798 has approved articulation arrangements with Southern Cross University (SCU), recognising the learning students complete within ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking for entry into the first or second year of a related SCU course, with maximum credit for prior learning. Read more here.
- Preferably Year 12 or equivalent*
- Access to computer with Internet connection
- Must be able to obtain USI, please refer to website for USI information
Domestic Student Courses
- CHC50113 Diploma Of Early Childhood Education And Care
- BSB60215 Advanced Diploma Of Business
- BSB50415 Diploma Of Business Administration
- ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security
- ICT50415 Diploma Of Information Technology Networking
- ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking
International Student Courses
- ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking – CRICOS Code: 087619A
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care – CRICOS Code 093226A
- BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business – CRICOS 095953J
- BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration – CRICOS Code 095952K
- ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security – CRICOS Code 095947G
- ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking – CRICOS Code 086665C
I’d like to say that I’ve enjoyed my time of advancing my basic education with MGIT, I’m sure that at times I’ve frustrated the training and or admin staff which I regret but am thankful that all the staff ...
Read More ...
Right from my day at your college, I became familiar with the life/environment at Mgit Parramatta. I found the staff members and mostly you, Sir ,the Principal, to be very patient and supportive. On many occasions, during my stay ...
Read More ...