ICT50415 Diploma Of Information Technology Networking
|Course Duration:||52 Weeks|
|Course Price:||Call or Email for Price Information|
|Enrol Now (Select the date you would like to enrol for first)|
- Overview And Objectives
- Skills Gained
- Course Modules
- Who Should Attend
- Successful completion of this qualification prepares graduates for further studies in ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security, or a range of other ICT Advanced Diplomas or Vocational Graduate Certificate qualifications, or other relevant higher education sector qualifications.
- Merage Global Institute Of Technology – 91798 has approved articulation arrangements with Southern Cross University (SCU), recognising the learning students complete within ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking for entry into the first or second year of a related SCU course, with maximum credit for prior learning. Read more here.
- On successful completion of the ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking course, students are eligible to enter the Bachelor of Networking delivered by the Melbourne Institute of Technology (MIT), Sydney. (8 unit credits will be awarded towards your degree). For all other degrees clarify with your desired University for more information.
This qualification has a strong ICT (Information Communication Technology) networking base, which includes server technology, network infrastructure, virtualization and security. Possible job roles include:
IT operations administrator
network services administrator
network support coordinator
network operations analyst
network security coordinator
network e-business coordinator.
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to manage, as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team, the installation of a range of networks including inter-networking, security and e-business integration.
Detailed information on the employ ability skills gained during this certification are available online here.
Students will need satisfactorily complete the following units to achieve the ICT50415 Diploma in Information Technology Networking. These are listed in order of their delivery.
Code Core Units
ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
ICTICT511 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise
ICTNWK529 Install and manage complex ICT networks
ICTSUS501 Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system
ICTTEN611 Produce an ICT network architecture design
Code Elective Units
ICTNWK531 Configure an internet gateway
ICTNWK509 Design and implement a security perimeter
ICTNWK511 Manage network security
ICTNWK504 Design and implement an integrated server solution
ICTNWK505 Design, build and test a network server
ICTTEN514 Install, configure and test a server
ICTNWK503 Install and maintain valid authentication processes
ICTNWK502 Implement secure authentication processes
ICTNWK507 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers
ICTNWK508 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches
ICTNWK506 Configure, verify and troubleshoot WAN links and IP services in a medium enterprise network
For any Credit Transfer or RPL, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- after achieving ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICT40415
- With demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments in senior network support roles, including administrator, operations analyst, technician, operations or support coordinator/technician.
- Paid or unpaid work experience in the IT Industry
To present qualifications obtained overseas, prospective students must submit an official acknowledgement of an equivalent qualification from a relevant organization, please click here for more information.
- Be 18 years old or over
- Have a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy assessment
- Have access to a computer with an internet connection
Domestic Student Courses
- CHC50113 Diploma Of Early Childhood Education And Care
- BSB60215 Advanced Diploma Of Business
- BSB51915 Diploma Of Leadership And Management
- BSB50415 Diploma Of Business Administration
- ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security
- ICT50415 Diploma Of Information Technology Networking
- ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking
International Student Courses
- ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking – CRICOS Code: 087619A
- CHC50113 Early Childhood Education and Care – CRICOS Code 093226A
- BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business – CRICOS 095953J
- BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration – CRICOS Code 095952K
- ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security – CRICOS Code 095947G
- ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking – CRICOS Code 086665C
- CHC50113 Diploma Of Early Childhood Education And Care – CRICOS Code: 093226A
I’d like to say that I’ve enjoyed my time of advancing my basic education with MGIT, I’m sure that at times I’ve frustrated the training and or admin staff which I regret but am thankful that all the staff ...
Read More ...
Right from my day at your college, I became familiar with the life/environment at Mgit Parramatta. I found the staff members and mostly you, Sir ,the Principal, to be very patient and supportive. On many occasions, during my stay ...
Read More ...