ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking – CRICOS Code: 087619A
|Course Duration:||52 Weeks|
|Course Price:||Call or Email for Price Information|
|Enrol Now (Select the date you would like to enrol for first)|
- Overview And Objectives
- Skills Gained
- Course Modules
- Who Should Attend
To complete ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking, students need to complete 17 units of competency consisting of 8 core units and 9 elective units. Students may apply for exemption for any unit in which they can successfully demonstrate competency. Please refer to RPL policy and procedures on student prospectus on www.mgit.edu.au website.
Click here to view complete flyer.
Preferred pathways for candidates considering future qualifications include:
- After completing the ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking or other relevant qualifications, students can enrol in to the ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to install and manage small scale networks, either as an independent network support technician or as part of a team. Detailed information on the Employability skills gained during this certification is available online at http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/ICT40415/eskills.
Network support career opportunities and possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
• Network support
• Network operations support
• Network operations technician
• Network technician
• Network support technician
• Help desk support
Students will need to satisfactorily complete the following units to achieve the ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking. These are not listed in any particular order.
Code Core Units
BSBWHS304 Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultative processes
ICTICT401 Determine and confirm client business requirements
ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
ICTNWK401 Install and manage a server
ICTNWK402 Install and configure virtual machines for sustainable ICT
ICTNWK403 Manage network and data integrity
ICTNWK404 Install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network
ICTTEN416 Install, configure and test an internet protocol network
Code Elective Units
ICTNWK407 Install and configure client/server applications and services
ICTNWK405 Build a small wireless local area network
ICTNWK406 Install, configure and test network security
ICTNWK411 Deploy software to network Computer
ICTICT408 Create technical documentation
ICTNWK410 Install hardware to a network
BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
ICTNWK408 Configure a desktop environment
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- After completing ICT30115 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICT30115
- With demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments in a network support role, including administrator, manager, operations analyst, operations engineer/technician, or technician.
- Must be 18 years or over
- Completed year 12 or equivalent
- Possess IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Access to computer with internet connection
- Fill Application Form, available here.
- Complete the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) form
- Have Statement of Purpose (SOP) declaration, guidelines available here.
- Have Unique Student Identifier (USI), if you do not have USI yet click here https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
Able to maintain 80% of the required attendance of 20 hours per week in a study period.
Able to maintain required course progress.
Domestic Student Courses
- CHC50113 Diploma Of Early Childhood Education And Care
- BSB60215 Advanced Diploma Of Business
- BSB51915 Diploma Of Leadership And Management
- BSB50415 Diploma Of Business Administration
- ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security
- ICT50415 Diploma Of Information Technology Networking
- ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking
International Student Courses
- ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking – CRICOS Code: 087619A
- CHC50113 Early Childhood Education and Care – CRICOS Code 093226A
- BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business – CRICOS 095953J
- BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration – CRICOS Code 095952K
- ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security – CRICOS Code 095947G
- ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking – CRICOS Code 086665C
I’d like to say that I’ve enjoyed my time of advancing my basic education with MGIT, I’m sure that at times I’ve frustrated the training and or admin staff which I regret but am thankful that all the staff ...
Read More ...
Right from my day at your college, I became familiar with the life/environment at Mgit Parramatta. I found the staff members and mostly you, Sir ,the Principal, to be very patient and supportive. On many occasions, during my stay ...
Read More ...