ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking – CRICOS Code 086665C
|Course Duration:||52 Weeks|
|Course Price:||Call or Email for Price Information|
|Enrol Now (Select the date you would like to enrol for first)|
- Overview And Objectives
- Career Pathways
- Course Modules
- Who Should Attend
- Entry Requirements
To complete ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking, students need to complete 17 units of competency consisting of 8 core units and 9 elective units. Students may apply for exemption for any unit in which they can successfully demonstrate competency. Please refer to RPL policy and procedures on student prospectus on www.mgit.edu.au website.
Click here to view complete flyer.
This qualification has a strong ICT (Information Communication Technology) networking base, which includes server technology, network infrastructure, virtualisation and security. Possible job roles include:
- Network administrator
- IT administrator
- IT operations administrator
- Network services administrator
- Network support coordinator
- Network operations analyst
- Network security coordinator
- Network e-business coordinator.
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to manage, as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team, the installation of a range of networks including inter-networking, security and e-business integration.
Detailed information on the employability skills gained during this certification is available online at http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/ICT50415
Students will need satisfactorily complete the following units to achieve the ICT50415 Diploma in Information Technology Networking. These are listed in order of their delivery.
Code Core Units
ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
ICTICT511 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise
ICTNWK529 Install and manage complex ICT networks
ICTSUS501 Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system
ICTTEN611 Produce an ICT network architecture design
Code Elective Units
ICTNWK531 Configure an internet gateway
ICTNWK509 Design and implement a security perimeter
ICTNWK511 Manage network security
ICTNWK504 Design and implement an integrated server solution
ICTNWK505 Design, build and test a network server
ICTTEN514 Install, configure and test a server
ICTNWK503 Install and maintain valid authentication processes
ICTNWK502 Implement secure authentication processes
ICTNWK507 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers
ICTNWK508 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches
ICTNWK506 Configure, verify and troubleshoot WAN links and IP services in a medium enterprise network
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- after achieving ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICT40415
- with demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments in senior network support roles, including administrator, operations analyst, technician, operations or support coordinator/technician.
- Preferably year 12 or equivalent
- Possess IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Access to computer with internet connection
- Fill Application Form, available here.
- Complete the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) form
- Have Statement of Purpose (SOP) declaration, guidelines available here.
- Have Unique Student Identifier (USI), if you do not have USI yet click here https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
Able to maintain 80% of the required attendance of 20 hours per week in a study period.
Able to maintain required course progress.
Domestic Student Courses
- CHC50113 Diploma Of Early Childhood Education And Care
- BSB60215 Advanced Diploma Of Business
- BSB50415 Diploma Of Business Administration
- ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security
- ICT50415 Diploma Of Information Technology Networking
- ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking
International Student Courses
- ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking – CRICOS Code: 087619A
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care – CRICOS Code 093226A
- BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business – CRICOS 095953J
- BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration – CRICOS Code 095952K
- ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security – CRICOS Code 095947G
- ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking – CRICOS Code 086665C
I’d like to say that I’ve enjoyed my time of advancing my basic education with MGIT, I’m sure that at times I’ve frustrated the training and or admin staff which I regret but am thankful that all the staff ...
Read More ...
Right from my day at your college, I became familiar with the life/environment at Mgit Parramatta. I found the staff members and mostly you, Sir ,the Principal, to be very patient and supportive. On many occasions, during my stay ...
Read More ...