What is Harmony Day?
- Harmony Day is a day for all Australians to embrace cultural diversity and to share what we have in common.
- Harmony Day is a community celebration. Since 1999, more than 60 000 Harmony Day events have been staged in childcare centres, schools, community groups, churches, businesses and federal, state and local government agencies across Australia.
- Multiculturalism is in Australia’s national interest and speaks to fairness and inclusion – it enhances respect and support for cultural, religious and linguistic diversity.
- Our cultural diversity is one of our greatest strengths and is at the heart of who we are. Multicultural Australia is an integral part of our nation’s history and character.
What to do at MGIT on Harmony Day?
- Harmony day at MGIT will celebrated in the lunch room at 1pm on March 21
- Students are invited to bring a dish from their home countries to share with other students on the day
- Students are invited to dress in their national colours
Take a look at MGIT’s harmony day event information here.