CRICOS 087619A | ICT40415 Certificate IV Information Technology Networking
Overview & Objectives
To complete ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking, students need to complete 17 units of competency consisting of 8 core units and 9 elective units. Students may apply for exemption for any unit in which they can successfully demonstrate competency. Please refer to RPL policy and procedures on www.mgit.edu.au website.
Click here to view complete flyer.
Preferred pathways for candidates considering future qualifications include:
- After completing the ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking or other relevant qualifications, students can enroll in the ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to install and manage small-scale networks, either as an independent network support technician or as part of a team. Detailed information on the Employability skills gained during this certification is available online at http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/ICT40415/eskills.
Network support career opportunities and possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
• Network support
• Network operations support
• Network operations technician
• Network technician
• Network support technician
• Helpdesk support
Students will need to satisfactorily complete the following units to achieve the ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking. These are not listed in any particular order.
Code Core Units
BSBWHS304 Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultative processes
ICTICT401 Determine and confirm client business requirements
ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
ICTNWK401 Install and manage a server
ICTNWK402 Install and configure virtual machines for sustainable ICT
ICTNWK403 Manage network and data integrity
ICTNWK404 Install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network
ICTTEN416 Install, configure and test an internet protocol network
Code Elective Units
ICTNWK406 Install, configure and test network security
ICTNWK407 Install and configure client/server applications and services
ICTICT408 Create technical documentation
ICTNWK410 Install hardware to a network
ICTNWK411 Deploy software to network Computer
ICTNWK502 Implement secure encryption technologies
ICTNWK503 Install and maintain valid authentication process
ICTNWK511 Manage network security
ICTNWK408 Configure a desktop environment
- Preferably year 12 or equivalent
- Possess IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Access to computer with internet connection
- Have Unique Student Identifier (USI), if you do not have USI yet click here https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
- Able to maintain 80% of the required attendance of 20 hours per week in a study period.
- Able to maintain required course progress.